Friday 20 February 2009

stealing


So, is shop lifting in the same leauge as stealing a car? Well, I think no. And my reason is pretty simple. The fact is when you shop lift, more often than not your stealing of a giant corporation such as ASDA OR TESCO's. These companies put little companies out of buisness with there low prices that no one can compete with, so when you put it like that who is the real bad guy in all this? The person stealing a pair of smartprice socks? I think not. Also if you were to steal someones car the concept would be different, as that peron who owns the car has arguably worked damn hard to buy that. In all good conciousness I couldn't steal someones car, as in the back of my mind I would think,"man.....that dude who I stole that off probably has a morgage and kids to feed." A store like Asda on the other hand can just claim insurance and is not majorly phased by someones stealing some socks.

I suppose stealing is all the same in theory, but emotionally it is a different matter as different scenarios carry out different emotional responses for different people.


No comments:

Post a Comment